Pasta Al Forno
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 4 tablespoons
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 10 large sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 15 infornate olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 dried peppers, crushed, optional
- 2 , chopped
- 1 25 ounce jar
- 12 ounces freshly grated
- Smoked cheese, as much as desired, roughly chopped
- Freshly grated Parmigiano , for sprinkling
While the rigatoni cooks in salted boiling water, prepare the sauce.
In a saute the , , , chile peppers, if using, and garlic, for a few minutes. heat up the olive oil and
Add the tomato puree and salt. Let the sauce cook for approximately 10 minutes on medium heat.
Parmigiano and cook for another 30 seconds. Then place 1/2 the rigatoni in a , adding a layer of 1/2 the mozzarella, 1/2 the scamorza and another sprinkle of Parmigiano cheese over the pasta. the rigatoni; add the pasta to the saucepan, sprinkle with some
Add the remaining , and follow with a final layer of all the cheeses. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.